Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

PRECIOUS

We are all precious in God’s loving eyes

And I know there is not one that He will deny

But I’m angry and sad with tears in my eyes

When I see the struggle and pain all around to survive




I often go through life without a dollar in my pocket

For days I go on and nobody knows

I have never gone hungry or homeless not once

But I have had many days that I’ve felt all alone




I’m confused why so many are poor, homeless and hungry

Why evil is rampant and running among us

Why some people never will know abuse

And others of us know it as our personal truth




Hopeless, fear, abandoned and discarded

Babies among us are often disregarded

As someone else’s problem to fix

While many are living in pretty houses made of sticks




There are many so many whose struggle is far harder

Whose days feel much longer and road is much farther

I am blessed truly blessed for the life that I have

For the scars I’ve endured the injuries I’ve had




Without my history I would not be me

A women who has compassion for pain and disease

For sorrow and darkness and sadness and shame

I relate at some level I cannot complain




I know we’re all precious in God’s tender eyes

I believe and will continue to the day that I die

I won’t get the answers to why God oh why

But I’ll trust Him to help me help others to thrive




Not just survive.






10/20/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment