Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TREE HUGGER


I believe we need to hug trees more for what they give us than what we give them. I tune into the energy, texture and anything else that comes up inside me. I also think about the tree. The who, what, where, when, how and why. I offer up a prayer of thanks. I have done this unconsciously for myself as healing work.
I just left Kripalu up in the Berkshire Mountains. I did a fast there about five months after my father died. I made him a tree. He is a Spruce. The FIRST thing I do every time I go is stop the car, get out and hug/pray/experience that tree and always sit with it during my stay. I mentioned it to a guest of the fast this week who just lost three family members in 18 months and was a mess. She came back and told me she found three trees together that are now her family.

Mary’s dad at Kripalu, Massachusetts



Mary Gulivindala is the owner of Blue Print Life & Wellness Coaching. She is also a dancer, mother of two boys, a dog and a cat. She is a firm believer of “you are your first and last love.”
For more information, please visit: www.blueprintlife-wellnesscoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment