Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Ledge

I walk up to the edge of the ledge and as I stand there I look into a great abyss…
I am solid in my stance but my heart beats at a frantic pace. I must slow it down and breathe or I might slip into a trip that was not intended for me.

As I stand at the edge of the ledge I question many things, I ponder what lies ahead of me and what brought me to the question of what’s next? I want to fly and to soar like an eagle in flight but my mind want to argue and start with the fight of me do I have the right of flight?

As I stand at the edge of the ledge do I feel peace? Will I plunge into victory or land in defeat crashing down to the ground at a death of complete over? Or will I be caught by the one I know called Jehovah? Did He bring me to the edge of the ledge to see if I would leap into an unknown plan and bow down at His feet or will I continue my way which brought me to weep at the edge of this ledge do I choose to compete or defeat?

As I stand at the ledge I feel stuck paralyzed. Do I turn back to comfortable and crawl back inside to the façade of functional, productive and responsible when really I’m so lost I can’t stand to be punctual anymore.

As I stand at the edge of the ledge I ponder how did I get here? I thought, so I thought I was moving in the “right” direction. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been a rebel but to some degree in me I wanted to seem level headed. So I tried to do it by “whoever” wrote the book and it blew up in my face and makes me take a look at why and where and who I am now going to grow into. I stand at the ledge as I look into infinite and dismal.

As I stand at the edge of the ledge I am grateful to stand at the edge of the ledge because baby, so many people don’t or won’t but I did and do. The pretty the ugly and the true is what I do. At the edge of the ledge will I stand, leap, fly or fall? One step out and I will know it all for that one quick moment in time.

Have you been to the edge of the ledge even for a minute?

No comments:

Post a Comment