Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mature Love

Love is a process a journey an exploration at this time in my life I want it to be the foundation of my everything. I had been traveling on this road, unfortunately without a map, trying my hardest to be loved and trying to get it back. That love was ordinary, mediocre, definitely not the highest level of love.

But I was doing what I knew, which was trying to woo you and letting others dictate to me what love was. I was used.

I thought I had the real thing when I received that wedding ring and with all the best intentions we stepped into convention of married life. Me a wife.

I practiced what I thought was love but it was not from God above so it failed. God has to be in it or it’s stale, second best, gasping for air, B-
listed.

I’ve heard it said that no one person can fully please another, and I agree with that that’s why I need a lover who doesn’t expect and neglect me for another so he can feel fulfilled.

I want a lover that will sacrifice the desires of another because we share something sacred and we know that it is powerful and radical. I want to love a man so much that I happily sacrifice my stuff and focus on what we have, not what we have not.

I have all of him and he has all of me. We can just relax and be we, and if we were to add a three, it would be God, the only other person I would have in our bed, our sacred trinity. Us three, God, him and me.

Is this old fashioned, not attainable, not liberated? To me its extra ordinary more radical than dated. Open minded, open your mind to that, very few do today because their feeling “lack”. Do you really think you will find it there? You might I won’t, my love you can’t compare.

I will be his everything and give him all of me. If there is a need, desire or want please give that burden to me. I will do my best to fill it and if I can’t you know I tried and that is enough for him. He loves me and I him.

Only the lucky ones live this way and yes they do exist, I see it when they stand side by side it’s the look in their eyes as they look to each other
and not to some other temporary distraction that is a thief, it’s not liberating just relief from your fear of mature love.

No comments:

Post a Comment